Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Amazing Spider-Man Wish List

The accompanying video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF1UmNk3ECM) for those of you that are interested in watching it.

I'm a huge fan of Spider-Man, and I always have been. I remember watching the cartoon from the 90's, and I fell in love with the character, and his universe, because of it.

I remember watching my first trailer on Super Bowl Sunday, and I was glued to the screen. I was so excited for this movie. I'm really looking forward to watching The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in the future. I enjoyed the first one, and I think Marc Webb is doing a really good job with his trilogy. He's really making things his own, and I respect that immensely. We either have new things such as villains like Rhino, Electro, and The Lizard. They get the chance to shine. We also get re-imaginings of characters like Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Flash Thompson, Aunt May, Harry Osborn, and Uncle Ben. And last but not least, we get a new love interest in Gwen Stacy. I liked her a lot in the first Amazing Spider-Man movie.

The purpose of this blog, and the video that I attached to it, is a wish-list of sorts. I'm excited about the sheer possibility of being able to get these things.

1. Mary Jane Watson being a better character. I thought she was okay in Sam Raimi's version, but she got annoying and petty. She was jealous of Spider-Man's fame for some reason. And all of her complaining came off as a way to make Peter/MJ "exciting" to the fans. And to me, it would have been exciting to see Peter and MJ have a good relationship.

I also want M.J. to look like a drop-dead gorgeous woman. Peter was in awe at her beauty in the comics, and I think she should look the part. That might sound shallow, but that's just the way I remember Mary Jane in terms of looks.

2. The costume from Spider-Man Unlimited. The show itself was mediocre, and I disliked a ton of things from it, but the suit itself was awesome. I loved everything about it from the colors to the cape that was attached to his costume. I think it would look really cool on the big screen. That, and it would be a very useful costume for Peter to use.

3. J. Jonah Jameson coming back on the big screen. He was fantastic last time he was on the big screen, and that's why I want him back. He's just so entertaining with his antics and "rivalry" with Spider-Man. I've always been a fan of his character, and I think that adding him to the next movie (or movies) would make the movies even better.

4. Last, but not least, Felicia Hardy a.k.a. The Black Cat (https://marvel.com/universe/Black_Cat). I remember seeing The Black Cat in the 90's Spider-Man cartoon, and I loved her. I instantly became a huge fan of the character. Great design. Great voice actress, as well (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Hale). I love her relationship with Spider-Man. I love it when she teams up with Spider-Man.

I'm looking forward to the possibilities with The Amazing Spider-Man movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment