Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Super Nintendo

The Super Nintendo (SNES) was my very first console, and I have fond memories of it. You'll always find me singing the praises of this system. Why? Because it is a great system. It also got me into gaming, and for that I'm grateful.

I remember being little and playing Super Mario World on Christmas morning, and several days following it, and I was amazed. The graphics. The music. The innovation. It was all there. I see LPs of this game and it's amazing just how much they did with this game. There are several different surprises involving keys and other forms of different exits. The game has power ups like the flower and mushroom, which are common in the Mario universe, but they also have new ones like a cape and a P which turns you, more or less, into a balloon.

This game is also the debut of Yoshi. He's both cute and very useful. He allows you an extra hit and he can gobble up most of your enemies. There are also several different versions of Yoshi.

The SNES had other great games like Knights of the Round, Turtles In Time (which looked just as good as the arcade version and had an added stage), Star Fox, A Link To The Past, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3, Mega Man X-3,  among others.

This system was amazing, and it still is. I recommend picking it up in some form, if you haven't had the pleasure of playing it. You'll be glad you did. Retro-Bit Retro Duo Twin Video Game System, Silver/Black

No comments:

Post a Comment