Monday, November 4, 2013

Donkey Kong Country 2

What can I say about one of my all-time favorite games? It's tough in a way, really. I want to form a good blog entry that effectively describe how I feel about this game. I guess I can start at the beginning.

This game started off as a risk--a risk that took place on my birthday. See, back then we didn't have the internet. Back then we either had to trust a magazine, the opinion of a friend, or our very own instinct. It's that same instinct that led to good choices and bad choices. This choice, luckily, was one of the good ones. I say good because what started off as a risk became something much greater. That risk turned into one of my all-time favorite video games: Donkey Kong Country 2.

I love this game, I really do. I'm 25 years old and I still hold it dear to my heart. I love the breath-taking graphics that were done, I believe, by Rare. Back then these graphics were revolutionary. They're still great even to this day. That's how you know they're great.

The game took a chance by doing two things: 1. A pirate theme. I thought they did it very well. It helped make it different than the first one, which brings me to my second point. 2. They did not have DK as playable. Back then, I might have been bothered by it. But now, I see clearly that DK, while great, needed to be away from the spotlight so that Diddy could shine and so that Dixie could debut as a great sidekick in her own right. She was very useful with her gliding.

The music is absolutely beautiful. I love the music in this game. The one I love the most is Stickerbrush Symphony. Man, that is one amazing track to listen to. It's so peaceful.

This game was one of my favorites, and it still is to this very day for plenty of good reasons. If you haven't played it already, then I would definitely recommend checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment