Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Netflix and Video Stores

Netflix is huge now, it's a beast. They are so popular and so successful that places like Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, among others, have become irrelevant. I can't remember the last time I saw a commercial for Blockbuster Video. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough? Or maybe they don't make them anymore? I honestly have no idea. I never thought it would come to this.

Back when I was a boy, I'm 25 now, Blockbuster (and stores like it) were huge. They were the craze. The idea of going all the way to a store for a movie or two might have been time consuming, but I thought it was fun. Nothing like going in, looking at the movies and holding them in your hand, and maybe even talking to a fellow gamer or movie buff.

I could see why people wouldn't like the idea, though. It's all about your own perspective.

Nowadays we live in a society that is more instant. We have Redbox for movies and games, Netflix for movies and TV shows, Gamefly for video games, and Amazon/Ebay for our shopping needs--among other places.

Honestly, I see Video Stores as a thing of the past. Nowadays there's little to no reason to go to a place like Blockbuster when you could stay home and get the same thing.

It makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment