Saturday, November 2, 2013

Turtles In Time

Now that I did my video review, which I hope you guys liked, I can now write my thoughts about the game and of course, the version that came out...I believe in 2009.

Turtles In Time (the original version) came out in the early 90's, I believe. The arcade version came out first. Konami made a bold move, in my opinion, to port it over to the SNES.

Not only that, but they added some really nice things. They added the Technodrome level, Bebop and Rocksteady in Skull and Crossbones, Slash as the Mini-Boss in Prehistoric Turtlesaurus, and Super Shredder as the final boss.

Their additions made a great game even better. How awesome was it to fight Super Shredder as the final boss? It really did make the fight better. Why? Because Super Shredder looks like a final boss. He's intimidating and is completely legit.

The graphics were great, and still are, but it's the gameplay that made us fans play it over and over again. I know I did.

Now we have Re-Shelled. It was a good game in its own right, but it suffers in the sense that it is, was, and will always be compared to its more successful counterpart. This new version has some nice bells and whistles like 3d graphics and voice actors (the same ones from 2k3) doing the voices of our favorite characters. But all in all, this version is just a downgrade in the long-run.

I will be doing a review of Re-Shelled. But for the time being, I just wanted to give my thoughts on this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment