Sunday, April 27, 2014

Closure (Video Games, Movies/TV Shows)

I did a video last night about this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XaKjIt6eo8), and it's been a while in the making. I've thought about this for a while now, and it has been bugging me for that long. See, when I play a video game, when I watch a movie or TV show, I get invested in it. And I want a good ending to the product that I feel satisfied with. I want to have that feeling of watching something, or playing something epic. And with my list, I didn't get that type of ending.

Family Matters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Matters) was a sitcom that starred the Winslow Family, and it was a spin-off of the show Perfect Strangers. During the 1st season, we're introduced to this rather clumsy individual who went by the name of Steve Urkel, who would go on to become a fan favorite and the main focus of the TV show. The show was 9 seasons long, and I remember watching them all when I was a kid. I saw Steve Urkel go through so much pain and struggle to get the girl of his dreams, Laura Winslow. In the final season, he finally gets the girl. He finally wins, and it's a great moment--one of my favorite moments of the entire 9 seasons. Then in the final episode, they kiss, and...that's it. It's not a bad ending, but it's not the ending that I would have wanted for them and for the show as a whole. As a fan, I would have liked to see them get married. Maybe have kids in the future. I would want them to make an hour-long episode in which it's a wedding and also a reunion of sorts.

Spider-Man Unlimited (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_Unlimited) was a series that I never watched as a kid, which is weird since I loved Spider-Man back then, and I even watched the cartoon that came before it, and I also played the games. I watched it on Netflix in 2011, and it started off really good. Mary Jane Watson came back somehow. Spider-Man ends up going to counter-earth to help John Jameson. The show unfortunately ended on a cliff-hanger. What makes things worse is that the show was getting really good. I would have liked to see our hero save the day and then go back to Earth to spend more time with Mary Jane Watson.

Last but not least, we have Mega Man Legends 3. I talked about this one in one of my earlier blogs, and I know it's a touchy subject of sorts because I know that the fans, myself included, really want the third installment in the trilogy. Mega Man Legends 2 was the only one that I played, and I liked it a lot. I would love to have the sequel. That way, not only can we play a great game, but we can also get the conclusion to the story--as the ending left room for said sequel. I'm hoping that Capcom will end up releasing the 3rd game down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment