Monday, April 21, 2014

Mega Man Legends 3? Mega Man, Capcom

I wanted to talk about the subject. It's been on my mind for a while, and I also wanted to be careful about it, and that's why I put the question mark at the end of it. See, I don't want anyone thinking that there is a confirmation of any kind. I won't poke the bear, if you will, because I know that this is the sequel so many people want. I'm one of those people, and I'm proud to say that.

The phrase "Mega Man Legends 3" seems to be both good and bad. The good being that if it ever does get made, it'll be the sequel that so many people have been waiting for, and it'll be even more satisfying to get because of the long wait. It will also be the sequel to a game that, in my honest opinion, highly deserves it. After all, Mega Man Legends 2 left us off on a cliff-hanger. If anything, I feel a sequel would be needed. The story needs to be finished. And as a huge fan of Mega Man, I would love nothing more than to have another game with the Blue Bomber's face on it.

As for the bad, well...the cancellation of this sequel, or even the prototype for that matter, has left a lot of people disappointed, and rightfully so. I'm really disappointed in the cancellation of it, and it's because I really enjoyed Mega Man Legends 2, and I would love nothing more than to get that highly anticipated sequel. And in all honesty, I want the story to be finished.

Speaking of Mega Man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man), I'm really glad that he's getting the love that I feel he deserves. It is without a doubt one of the best franchises that Capcom has, and it has been proven to be financially successful. It's because the games are good and offer the fans something fun and new. I mean, I remember the first time I played Mega Man X. That game is entirely different from the classic series. The X series has new characters, new enemies including the bosses (now called Mavericks), armor upgrades, and new abilities such as wall-climbing. Then you have games like Mega Man Legends and Mega Man Battle Network that are completely different from each other and all the other games, which is great! It gives much needed variety to the franchise. That, and they're really fun games.

Mega Man has come an awful long way since the beginning on the NES.

I remember being a big fan of Capcom when I was a kid. I loved playing the games that they were churning out back in the 90s: Mega Man 7, Mega Man X, Final Fight, Final Fight 3, Knights of the Round, Street Fighter 2 (and the many upon many different versions that came after), Street Fighter Alpha 2, the arcade version of X-Men vs Street Fighter, and Marvel Super Heroes (both versions). They had something that I like, and that being variety. They had beat 'em ups, fighters, among other things. Their games were so much fun, and I liked what they were doing.

They seem to be going back to doing other games such as Strider and Duck Tales, which is great to hear. I'm hoping that they'll be making more Mega Man games--namely Mega Man Legends 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment