Saturday, April 12, 2014

Kraven's Last Hunt

I got this, along with Batman: Year One and Death of the Stacys, for my birthday in 2012. I browsed through Amazon, looking for the perfect choices--or as perfect as can be. I wanted to have a happy purchase, and the way I do that is by looking at the star rating and the reviews that accompany it.

I wanted to find graphic novels that have a sense of importance, such as an origin, or a death. I was in a frame of mind where I didn't just want, I needed to find it.

That is what led me to Kraven's Last Hunt. Now, what does this mean? I won't spoil it for you, but I will say that it is a great book. You have a beautiful, really cool-looking image on the front cover that has Spider-Man coming out of a grave. Now, that immediately catches my attention--and I'm sure the attention of several others. The back cover has Kraven The Hunter, who looks deranged. I love it!

The story tackles so many different things, and I like that a lot. One thing it tackles is a person's own mortality. It's a real issue, and I do give them props for tackling something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment